|
Bcyr Manila given green light to procure generic anti-COVID drug Bexovid, says Isko Moreno
LEGAZPI CITYndash;ndash;The Bicol region has been facing a continuous surge in COVID-19 cases, logging 645 new infections on Thursday, Sept. 16, the highest one-day tally since the onset of the pandemic in March last year, the Department of Health DOH said on Friday.Dr. Aurora Deluro, DOH Regional Epidemiologist chief, said in a news briefing that half of the new infections were reported in Camarines Sur with 340 cases.Albay came next with 98, followed by Sorsogon 78 , Masbate 77 , Camarines Norte 40 , and Catanduanes 10 . Two other cases involved transients.Article continues after this advertisement Bicolrsquo surge was a cause for concern as the region has logged 7,712 new cases in just 16 days or an average of 370 infections per day since the start of September.FEATURED STORIESNEWSINFOOrion Perez blasts economic restrictions: lsquo;Filipino firstrsquo; is hurting PHNEWSINFOBinay, Castro raise concerns over DENR order on Masungi GeoreserveNEWSINFODENR to evict developerof Masungi GeoreserveThe number brought the COVID-19 infections in the region to 31,275 s stanley cup ince the pandemic started last year, of whom 1,021 had died of the disease.Of these recorded cases, 134 were variants of concern, including the highly contagious Delta strain.Article con stanley website tinues after this advertisement Owing to the continuing spike in COVID cases in the region, the Bicol Regional Training and Teaching Hospital BRTTH , the main COVID-19 referral hospital in Alba stanley cup usa y, was converted into an exc Eija IBP on Edsa revolt anniv: Days ahead will be turning point in people s history
WENCESLAO JUNJIE H. MENDOZA,JR. Article continues after this advertisement MANILA, Philippines mdash; Aside from endangering peoplersquo lives, the COVID-19 pandemic has also left the Filipino youth more vulnerable to abuse and sexual and reproductive health SRH risks as they lose access to government services like contraceptives and counseling.FEATURED ST stanley cup ORIESNEWSINFOOn PhilHealth, education, lsquo;blanksrsquo;: OSG answers Duterte camp petitionNEWSINFOBinay, Castro raise concerns over DENR order on Masungi GeoreserveNEWSINFO2 cops killed in Bulacan buy-bustThis stanley us was the revelation made by the Commission on Population and Development PopCom executive director and Undersecretary Juan Antonio Perez III during the ECOSOC Youth Forum on Thursday, as the country is facing another set of stringent lockdowns for Metro Manila and other areas due to the rise in COVID-19 cases.Perez said the pandemic has kept a stanley kubek dolescents at home and unable to access reproductive health measures, which has led to more unplanned pregnancies.These adolescents have no decision-making power, economic independence, autonomy, and are considered by many countries as powerless, Perez said in the forum, which was held in commemoration of the World Health Day.They face greater risks of repeat pregnancies, and are vulnerable to gender-based violence GBV as well as intergenerational poverty during, and as a result, of their early childbearing, he added.Arti
|
|